Monday, August 5, 2013

What's in a Name?

A lot of people ask me about my nickname...No, "Monster" is not my real last name (but yes, my name is really Kate, not Katherine or Kathleen, or Katie. My birth certificate actually says "Kate"). But katemonster is what all my friends call me. It's an Avenue Q reference - one of the main characters in the Broadway musical with puppets is named Kate Monster.  It also refers to the fact that I LOVE the Muppets and I actually have a Muppet from the real Muppet Workshop at FAO Schwartz in Manhattan.  Her name is Shireese and she is a 26 year old reporter who loves to come to burns with me.

Here we are at the Million Puppet March in Washington, DC, asking Congress not to cut funding for PBS (along with my friend Carolyn on the right):

No comments:

Post a Comment